The best part about Christmas is coming together as a family and sharing a gorgeous meal, wholly prepared with love. We spend so much time scouring cookbooks and magazines in the lead up to Christmas, planning out each day and each course and deciding who makes what. The Christmas cooking doesn’t just stop with the main meal though, and for weeks prior to Christmas we bake cookies and sweet treats to give as gifts and in Christmas hampers for friends.
I’ve put together a list of some of our favourite recipes – these are from Pinterest boards or are online versions of recipes all tried and true for Christmas entertaining. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Fruit Cake Rum Balls – perfect little after-dinner treat and divine with coffee!
- GB’s Sticky Chilli Prawns – the seafood portion of Christmas, as well as fresh Tiger prawns are some of my Dad’s grilled spicy prawns.
- Pimm’s Jug – I’m a big fan of a Pimm’s cocktail. This version has Christmas all over it!
- Mango Chutney – I make a big batch of chutney at the beginning of the festive season – we gift some and we use some! Perfect for Boxing Day ham sandwiches!
- Quinoa Salad – this is such a beautiful salad dish – almost a meal in itself and an explosion of flavours.
- Rocket, Chicken & Date Salad – such a yummy accompaniment!
- Potato Salad – over the years our family potato salad recipe has become a bit of everything – this French Potato Salad recipe is all that and so much more.
- Classic Marmalade Glazed Ham – there is not a Donna Hay recipe I don’t love, and this glazed ham is a winner every year at Christmas.
- Maple and Honey Spiced Ham – perfect for the main event and so, so good for Boxing Day lunch!
- Barbeque Stuffed Pork Loin – pork is always on the menu at ours, and it always tastes so good!
- Individual Trifles – so much better than sharing! 😉
- Jamie Oliver’s Baked Peach & Apricot Pavlova – I made this for last year’s Christmas Day dessert. So, so yummy!